Sunday, May 06, 2007

I know, I'm awful!

It has been so very long since I have posted. On the one hand, that's a really great thing because it means I'm living again. On the other, it means I'm a horrible friend to all of you who have been so faithful to check in with me and my blog. My hysterectomy went extremely well. Okay - as well as things can go when they take out parts that have been with you for 48 years. But I was back to exercising right away and doing way more than I was told I could do.....it's a game I play you know----being the most obnoxious patient I can be in hopes that the docs will tell me not to come back! Well, anyway, they told me that everthing was normal and I go see my doc tomorrow for my 4 week checkup and release. Very early Tuesday morning Rick and I leave for Hunting Island where we will lie on the beach, ride our bikes, etc.

I attended a Relay for Life on Friday night and it was so powerful. I stood on the stage, introduced myself, and said "I am survivor", I suppose for the first time in public. It was great fun. But, I was saddened by the fact that there were 1,000 names represented at the Relay -- folks who were being honored or remembered. That's just too stinkin' many.

My friends in the neighborhood are having a fundraiser while we're gone to help fund my 3-day walk this year (don't worry - Danielle will still need your donations!!!!!) and it's a tennis tournament called Tennis for TaTas. Isn't that great? Go ladies. I am so thankful for you and your hard work!

I continue to give thanks for each of you who continue to pray for us and call and send cards. I can never express what it means to us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to know you are doing well. All of you have been in my prayers.

Tammy