Tuesday, March 13, 2007

More Fun in My Future

Greetings everyone! Last week I met with a new oncologist who will replace the doc that treated me through chemo. When I went through my first round of followup testing, I found out from the nurse that my liver scan showed an abnormality and was told that the doc had to discuss it with me. As I waited for her call, I got more and more nervous. When her call never came, I made a series of calls to her. After waiting 2 weeks without a call, I decided that I needed a different doctor. Perhaps one who would actually return phone calls!

So, now I see Doctor Galleshaw. She sent me to a couple of NEW doctors for future fun procedures. I'll be having another surgery in April. No new cancer ... we're just clearing out "spare parts" so that we don't have to worry about new cancer. I'm thinking recovery on my back deck in April doesn't sound too bad.....

But for now, I'm having a blast. Lots of exercise, lots of work, and lots of fun. We were at the beach this past weekend and go again in 3 weeks. And my hair is growing like crazy. God is good!

More later. Love to you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on -- where are the pictures of this hair growth? (maybe I'm just jealous)

Anonymous said...

YEAH! I am so glad you are doing so well! You are just going to love the 5 year meds and hot flashes! Although that will be a piece of cake after where you have been. You are only going 90 miles a minute? Watch out, Rene's back!!!!