Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Final Chemo

November 1, 2006, I sat through what I pray will be my final chemo ever! It was a beautiful day, and chemo was a breeze. My mom (well, she's actually Rick's mom--but I have adopted her as my own) took me to the treatment just as she took me to my first. She in her sassy stetson style hat, me in my Pink Harley doo-rag. What a pair!

After chemo, we went to lunch before heading home. The chemo pretty well kicked me -- right into bed for 3 or 4 days. I was very fatigued and uncharacteristically quiet. After that, I began to get my normal allergic reaction to the chemo - rashes in places we won't discuss here. Suffice it to say I was uncomfortable. The rash eventually took away my ability to taste food - which was not fun since I love to eat. Today, more than two weeks later, the reaction has moved to the inside of my eyelids and my eyes water alot and I look like I'm about 70. But it's getting better every day. God is good and far better people than me have experienced worse.

Thanks for your continued prayers and for laughing along with me through this fun.

No comments: